Turkey fan ventilation

Welllaidacres

Songster
Jan 2, 2020
Eastern Illinois
My Coop
My Coop
I am going to be installing a 12” exhaust fan into my turkey pen. One wall of the pen is solid all the way up. The other 3 are solid to 30” with chicken wire from there to the 7’ ceiling in my pen. I can tell my turkeys have been beat stressed lately based off of their panting and general look. I am going to install a wall mounted exhaust fan. My question is, am I better off installing the fan just below though ceiling to suck out the hot air on top or would I be better served installing it mid height and creating a breeze across the pen?

I am going to be installing a 12” exhaust fan into my turkey pen. One wall of the pen is solid all the way up. The other 3 are solid to 30” with chicken wire from there to the 7’ ceiling in my pen. I can tell my turkeys have been beat stressed lately based off of their panting and general look. I am going to install a wall mounted exhaust fan. My question is, am I better off installing the fan just below though ceiling to suck out the hot air on top or would I be better served installing it mid height and creating a breeze across the pen?
@memphis sets out box fans on the ground and her turkeys sit directly in the breeze of the fans. She also puts out wading pools that her hens will stand in.

Back
Top Bottom