Turkey genders

Mckaykay

Chirping
Apr 19, 2021
I think I have 1 of each. But my friend thinks I have 2 girls. What do you think ?
My one that I think is a boy is super food agressive and would fight with my roosters when it was young . Both turkeys are 9 months old. His snoot doesn't dangle like my friends boy turkey s

I think I have 1 of each. But my friend thinks I have 2 girls. What do you think ?
My one that I think is a boy is super food agressive and would fight with my roosters when it was young . Both turkeys are 9 months old. His snoot doesn't dangle like my friends boy turkey s

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211022-175933.png
    Screenshot_20211022-175933.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20211022-175902.png
    Screenshot_20211022-175902.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 4
The one in the foreground is a jake, the one in the background is a jenny. An easy way to check for this variety is by looking at the breast feathers, females are lined with a lighter color and males are lined in black :)
I never been able to sex BB Bronze Turkeys like that. Both my sexes look the same, except for a few major differences: Snood size, caruncle size, leg thickness, bare head, mohawk.

Females usually sport a mohawk, have slimmer legs, smaller, or less caruncles, a small snood that will not extend passed their beak.

Males usually have, Bald heads, thicker legs, larger caruncles, large snood that will extend passed their beak.

Back
Top Bottom