Turkey hates my baby! Stop the aggression?

We had bronze turkeys 3, a tom and 2 hens...only thte one hen was nice...the tom and the one hen were very aggressive and would try to attack anyone who came even close to them. I would keep that tom penned up if it was me...that tom can do a number on your child. I've bled pretty bad from the tom we had.

Quote:
National Geographc has a special they are running tnight at 8 pm Eastern time called "Morphed"
what they have been adverising mostly is how Trkeys morphed from Dianosaur Raptor type bird to what they are now.

It should be a good watch and may be more enlightning than thought.

Personally I have never had an aggressive Tom.
Mine have always been drama queens and attention hounds.

But I read one post saying sweet bird went psycho when a child kicked at it, personally this made sense, no threat untill the threat was brought to them.
when in doubt always seperate out, covered pen will stop bad behaviors.

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm glad you mentioned that... I keep seeing the ads for that and almost forgot it was on tonight. It looks like a very interesting program.

Our toms are all very docile, but our original flock patriarch was a big feathered ball of mean. He would attack anyone that went into the pen... all beak, claws & wings. DH had a knock-down, drag out battle with him on more than a few occasions... even grabbed him by the neck and body slammed him as he leaped at him, but he got right back up without missing a beat and resumed his assault. He was very close to going into the freezer, but someone local wanted to take him, even after I warned her about his aggression. I talked to her a few months later and she said he attacked everyone there too.

Aggressive animals aren't allowed to stay here. Play nice or be packed in ice!
smile.png

Quote:
I'm glad you mentioned that... I keep seeing the ads for that and almost forgot it was on tonight. It looks like a very interesting program.

Our toms are all very docile, but our original flock patriarch was a big feathered ball of mean. He would attack anyone that went into the pen... all beak, claws & wings. DH had a knock-down, drag out battle with him on more than a few occasions... even grabbed him by the neck and body slammed him as he leaped at him, but he got right back up without missing a beat and resumed his assault. He was very close to going into the freezer, but someone local wanted to take him, even after I warned her about his aggression. I talked to her a few months later and she said he attacked everyone there too.

Aggressive animals aren't allowed to stay here. Play nice or be packed in ice!
smile.png

yuckyuck.gif

Back
Top Bottom