Turkey help asap

chocolate chips

In the Brooder
Nov 9, 2021
I am just wondering if any one ones where I can find a female turkey for sale, I live in Johnson city. My male turkey is almost starting to want to mate with the chickens and need to find him a friend asap. What do I do if I can’t find him a friend so he does not hurt the chickens and how long until I could let him out again with the chickens to where he won’t hurt anyone? I need to find him a female because he is already starting to want to hurt the chickens.

I am just wondering if any one ones where I can find a female turkey for sale, I live in Johnson city. My male turkey is almost starting to want to mate with the chickens and need to find him a friend asap. What do I do if I can’t find him a friend so he does not hurt the chickens and how long until I could let him out again with the chickens to where he won’t hurt anyone? I need to find him a female because he is already starting to want to hurt the chickens.
Johnson City in what state @chocolate chips ?
Might need to keep him confined so he doesn't hurt the chickens.
I live in the tenessee

One hen will not be enough. I would get at least 3. More is better. Even then, when you trial letting him near your chickens again, I would watch to see if he still shows interest in them. If he has imprinted on chickens, he may always be a danger to them.

Or maybe not. I had this problem when 2 of my tom’s 3 hens went broody and the 1 left was not enough to satisfy him. That was years ago. Now any toms that show signs of wanting to mate chickens get separated and not allowed near chickens again.

One hen will not be enough. I would get at least 3. More is better. Even then, when you trial letting him near your chickens again, I would watch to see if he still shows interest in them. If he has imprinted on chickens, he may always be a danger to them.

Or maybe not. I had this problem when 2 of my tom’s 3 hens went broody and the 1 left was not enough to satisfy him. That was years ago. Now any toms that show signs of wanting to mate chickens get separated and not allowed near chickens again.
sounds great thanks so much for the help

Back
Top Bottom