Turkey Help please!!!

___keysha___

In the Brooder
Nov 14, 2018
HELP! I need help with my turkey, first year of having turkeys and I don't know what to do (I know its not a chicken but this is the only place to get help.) I went out to my coup this morning and found my turkey laying on the ground of the coup. I thought he was dead but I saw him barely moving. So I ran him into the house and he is sitting wrapped up in a blanket in front of the fireplace. He cannot stand, and he has a hard time holding up his head. Does anyone have any ideas? I have done a lot of research and have found nothing. He is will wake up to loud noises, he will not eat or drink anything.

Did you check for any injuries? Sometimes they’re really hard to see through feathers. Is it cold where you are? Is he safe from predators? Could he have eaten something he shouldn’t ? What variety is he/ she? Does this bird roost? If so, how high off the ground is the roost? Does the head look darker than normal? What’s the poop look like? Is it normal? Have you tried giving something like scrambled egg to see if he’s eat that? Do you have nutridrench? I’d def give a dose of that.

What breed is he, and how old is he. Broad breasted/meat turkeys are prone to heart attacks because they have been bred for rapid weight gain not long lifespan.

Back
Top Bottom