Turkey hen standing in water

Someone out there I am sure can help. I have a three month old turkey hen who has begun standing in one of the water troughs very late in the day. This just began yesterday. She gets in, stays for a few minutes, gets out, and stands hunched over. It has been extremely hot here in Southwestern Missouri and going to get hotter by next weekend - up to 100 degrees. Is this a sign that she is just hot and trying to cool herself off? Or it there something seriously wrong going on. None of the other turkeys are doing this. Please help me. Thank you very much!

Someone out there I am sure can help. I have a three month old turkey hen who has begun standing in one of the water troughs very late in the day. This just began yesterday. She gets in, stays for a few minutes, gets out, and stands hunched over. It has been extremely hot here in Southwestern Missouri and going to get hotter by next weekend - up to 100 degrees. Is this a sign that she is just hot and trying to cool herself off? Or it there something seriously wrong going on. None of the other turkeys are doing this. Please help me. Thank you very much!
Sounds like this turkey hen might be smarter than the others lol.
My chickens enjoy standing in cool water when it hot.
She’s probably just cooling herself off.

@memphis puts out wading pools for her turkeys to stand in during hot weather. She also provides them with fans.

20180526_180141.jpg

My young Turk also stands in the large water bins and in the duck pond. I think she is a very smart girl (Vera Sheryl).

Back
Top Bottom