Turkey hens still laying ?

lynn1961

Songster
8 Years
Feb 14, 2011
south central Oklahoma
I was wondering who else has turkey hens that are still laying. Our wether has gotten into the upper 90's to 100 degrees, the turkey hens are still laying every day. I did not think they would lay more than a couple of months, mine have been at it since late February. They are cross breed hens, they look like standard bronze, but their poults look like, calico's bronze, royal palms.

i quit pulling eggs for the incubator last week and my hens are still laying an egg a day. they went broody once and quit for a week or 2 then went right back to laying. hopefully they will go broody and hatch some out theirselves.

Mine are still laying as well. I kinda wish they would stop I am overrun with turkeys!
barnie.gif

I was wondering who else has turkey hens that are still laying. Our wether has gotten into the upper 90's to 100 degrees, the turkey hens are still laying every day. I did not think they would lay more than a couple of months, mine have been at it since late February. They are cross breed hens, they look like standard bronze, but their poults look like, calico's bronze, royal palms.
Are your hens still laying? I have Holland whites and since the days are getting shorter, my 2 hens have gone into molt. I think I read somewhere that it takes a hen 2 months to molt, so I guess no more turkey poults until spring.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom