turkey housing

donkeydew2farms

Crowing
8 Years
Apr 12, 2014
hey guys i have 6 royal palms about 5 weeks old. i would like to know what kind of housing do you have. right now they are in a tarped covered dog run, at night they come in the house. i need a safe house for them. i am keeping them separated from the geese and chickens.

10sqft coop and 100 sqft run per adult turkey is what is usually recommend.
They like to roost high and open airy coop. Mine is hardware cloth to the south. 1/2" hardware cloth will stop weasels up to coyotes. Electric around will help too
They prefer to roost in the trees, but the ones under 8 months get eaten by great horned owl the last year.

Here's my hoop coop. Its 8x20 made out of cattle panel and covered in 1/2 inch hardware cloth. I keep one side of the pen covered with a 16x10 foot tarp. This was still under construction when I took the pic.

its skirted with the hardware cloth but you can't see it in the picture

Attachments

• pen.jpg
    pen.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
hey guys i have 6 royal palms about 5 weeks old. i would like to know what kind of housing do you have. right now they are in a tarped covered dog run, at night they come in the house. i need a safe house for them. i am keeping them separated from the geese and chickens.
I use a dog kneel too. I put my turkeys out in it at 6 weeks. It's tarped and has chicken wire on the top and welded wire on all side. I have 6 Heritage Bronze turkeys. They are 5 months old now.. It's only for sleeping.
14580.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom