Turkey keep dying with yellow poo

mitrausahatani

In the Brooder
Feb 26, 2020
Hi guys

First of all im not native English speaker so i apologize if there's an error in my grammar

at this moment i lived in SE Asia in the mountain area where temp usually around 19-22 celcious, and i bough small land and made small barn as my hobby to killing time ..i bough adult turkey from the neighboring town where the temp is much warmer 25 celcious ..from the first breeders, those turkey are looking healthy and really active but every time i brought them to my place they ended up died..with symptoms their poo or feces is watery yellow and smell like battery

to be honest, im reaching dead end, i don't know what to do ..im suspecting that turkey aren't suitable for cold weather environment but i wasn't sure

Welcome to BYC, and sorry about your turkeys. There is a disease call blackhead (histomoniasis) that turkeys and peafowl are very susceptible to. Unfortunately the medications that are needed to treat it are not approved for in poultry most countries. The medications are metronidazole for the histomoniasis and enrofloxacin for the secondary E. coli bacterial infection they get.

Hello mitrausahatani.
Welcome to BYC.
The first thing I would look at is the water quality. Water quality varies greatly from region to region.
So the first thing I would suggest is try bottled water and see if that makes any difference.
I know what happens to my stomach if I drink the local water.
SE Asia is a big place. The country you are located in might help people give relevant advise.

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Your English is fine. Turkey can acclimate to cold weather.
You may wish to post your problem in the ER Forum. Include pictures of your birds and their yellow poop. Someone there will be able to help you. Good luck.
Hi dobie

im sorry seems i posted at the wrong sections..i appologize for that
Hello and welcome to BYC!
Do you have any turkeys now?
yes i still have them, she hasn't started pooping but she started to solitaire from other turkey and her wings is flopping down..and this one is the last female. usually, this is the first sign before they started poop , the male is still healty and active

Hi dobie

im sorry seems i posted at the wrong sections..i appologize for that

yes i still have them, she hasn't started pooping but she started to solitaire from other turkey and her wings is flopping down..and this one is the last female. usually, this is the first sign before they started poop , the male is still healty and active
Yellow poop is a classic sign of blackhead.
Treatment is metronidazole (flagyl) at 50 mg/kg orally once a day for five days and enrofloxacin at 10 mg/kg twice a day for five days.

https://attra.ncat.org/attra-pub/viewhtml.php?id=343
Screenshot_2020-02-26-05-33-27.png

cover-image

Yes casportpony, that is exactly what going on , her eyes are closed, her wing are drooping and she begins to solitaire..usually, when they started to poop then only matter one or two days they will die

But mine hasn't started to poop..thankyou, I still can treat/save them..i found link who sold them online , this one right?

4866443_8694f666-58e9-4d20-8c32-6aad987701e4_700_700.jpg

Back
Top Bottom