1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Turkey needs a friend

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Michael Angelo, May 6, 2016.

1. Michael Angelo

Michael Angelo New Egg

May 6, 2016
    I just got my Broad Breasted Turkey a friend. She hasn't seen a turkey since she was born and we had saved her since she was going to be left for dead. So she lived and we got her some duck friends to grow up with and everything went well. The Turkey has really grown on me. There were times when I would get to close and she would peck me in my nose but besides that a very loyal friendly creature. So the turkey is coming up on one year old and I decided I wanted to get her a friend and try a heritage variety at the same time so I got her One Red Bourbon Turkey that is 7 weeks old. She follows the older turkey around everywhere and the older turkey doesnt seem to like it very much. So I would like to get another turkey about the same age as the little one I have so she or he can have a turkey to grow up with. The problem is finding a heritage turkey that is 8 weeks old. Any Advice or solutions?

2. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us.

I'd suggest posting your question in the "Turkey" forum.

Best wishes

CT

3. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] so glad you have joined us.

Interesting intro, I had never thought about Turkeys having "personalities" like chickens. Thanks for sharing.

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Can you get another one from the person that sold you the Bourbon red? I wouldn't leave the young one alone with your grown turkey. She doesn't like it and is likely to injure or kill it for bothering her.

6. Michael Angelo

Michael Angelo New Egg

May 6, 2016
    Yes, But i dont have their name or number :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by