Turkey pic thread!!

Here are my two Narragansett turkeys I think I have a Tom and a Hen? We named them Thanks and Giving.....

Only clues I have a are:
Size: she seems to be significantly smaller.
Feathers: She seems to have her tail feathers messed up/missing lately. is this a result of them "doing it?" I dunno.
Gobble: he seems to be trying to gobble from time to time.

they were hatched in May, I was going to butcher them for Thanksgiving but now I'm kinda hoping I can get some eggs to hatch next spring. would be awesome to hatch and raise my own turkeys every year for Thanksgiving....

Anybody got any guesses?

You can see the guineas there too. they are a hoot! they follow the turkeys around like they are their parents or something! Of course everybody gets ranges and roost together... including the 11 hens and 4 roosters. I need to cull a couple of the roos but just can't decide which ones.

Last edited:
This might get a little long...
tongue.png

I have 4 Standard Bronzes (I call them 'bronzies') that were hatched in May, 2 Spanish Blacks (I call them my adults) and their 4 little babies (hatched late June-4th of July--I call them 'the kids'). I took all of these pictures with my phone, so I'm sorry that they're not the best.
hmm.png

This is Spangles, my Spanish Black hen. She's a hoot! She's like a dog, she wants your attention and she wants treats--NOW! Of course, I can't say no...

Buck, my Spanish Black tom. He's so gentle and kind... very even-mannered. He even puts up with his kids! He roosts with them and leads them around on little parades while everyone else is foraging. I think he knows they're his...

Here's my standard bronze female, Bronwyn. She is so curious about everything! She scratches at my boots when I stand still (they're black with multicolored polkadots) and helps me clean out the waterers by pecking at my scrubber.
tongue.png

Mystery (the bronzie) and Aryll (on right) scoping out the area. Aryll was the second turkey I ever hatched and got stuck to the inside membrane of the shell. I had to free him and give him a bath.. and it was so terrifying. He has a permanently curled toe (from fluctuating temps or something) but it doesn't bother him. He spends a bit of his time imitating his dad... struts right along with him. So cute.

Here's a better picture of Aryll and his curly toe. He's a tough little booger.

Aryll a few days after hatching. He was all grey while his brothers and sister were all black! You can sort of make out the bald spot where he got stuck in the egg. He was in there for about a day and a half, kicking around. I hope I don't get any more stuck to the egg like that next year.
fl.gif

Well, neither of these babies are Aryll, but they are Buck and Spangles' babies. I think the one next to him is the only female I managed to hatch. Her name is Andy. I know they say you shouldn't put poults with adult turkeys, but they're big enough. They've only been running around with them for two weeks or so. If I had more adult turkeys, I don't think I would have allowed them to run with them. Or if my adults were aggressive, but they're not. The kids keep them on their toes, though, that's for sure.

Everyone just hanging out. Buck is finally getting his feathers back from his molt (I have never seen so many feathers come off of any bird and it still be alive... omg).

This is fun, I hope more people post!!
yippiechickie.gif

Here are my youngsters. I only had them about 3 weeks now but they are a handful. Apparently they felt the need to welcome the new neighbors yesterday. They went into their garage with them as they were working. Quite the curious bunch here! LOL

This might get a little long... :p I have 4 Standard Bronzes (I call them 'bronzies') that were hatched in May, 2 Spanish Blacks (I call them my adults) and their 4 little babies (hatched late June-4th of July--I call them 'the kids'). I took all of these pictures with my phone, so I'm sorry that they're not the best. :/ This is Spangles, my Spanish Black hen. She's a hoot! She's like a dog, she wants your attention and she wants treats--NOW! Of course, I can't say no... Buck, my Spanish Black tom. He's so gentle and kind... very even-mannered. He even puts up with his kids! He roosts with them and leads them around on little parades while everyone else is foraging. I think he knows they're his... [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] Here's my standard bronze female, Bronwyn. She is so curious about everything! She scratches at my boots when I stand still (they're black with multicolored polkadots) and helps me clean out the waterers by pecking at my scrubber. :p Mystery (the bronzie) and Aryll (on right) scoping out the area. Aryll was the second turkey I ever hatched and got stuck to the inside membrane of the shell. I had to free him and give him a bath.. and it was so terrifying. He has a permanently curled toe (from fluctuating temps or something) but it doesn't bother him. He spends a bit of his time imitating his dad... struts right along with him. So cute. [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] Here's a better picture of Aryll and his curly toe. He's a tough little booger. Aryll a few days after hatching. He was all grey while his brothers and sister were all black! You can sort of make out the bald spot where he got stuck in the egg. He was in there for about a day and a half, kicking around. I hope I don't get any more stuck to the egg like that next year. :fl Well, neither of these babies are Aryll, but they are Buck and Spangles' babies. I think the one next to him is the only female I managed to hatch. Her name is Andy. I know they say you shouldn't put poults with adult turkeys, but they're big enough. They've only been running around with them for two weeks or so. If I had more adult turkeys, I don't think I would have allowed them to run with them. Or if my adults were aggressive, but they're not. The kids keep them on their toes, though, that's for sure. Everyone just hanging out. Buck is finally getting his feathers back from his molt (I have never seen so many feathers come off of any bird and it still be alive... omg). This is fun, I hope more people post!! :yiipchick
Pretty and cute!!

Back
Top Bottom