Turkey plucking question

Wow, those photos are awesome! Thank you for sharing! Hunting is an awesome sport when done responsibly. I took and passed my hunters Ed in early march, being the only student to pass with 100 percent on my exam.

Havent been out in the field with a firearm or bow and arrow yet. I‘ve been into falconry for years, so I’m in the process of getting my license and a bird.

All these different kind of meats seem so interesting, duck is definitely on my list. It’s just so fatty.

It’s OK. You’re not overwhelming me with all that you’re typing.

Duck is really interesting. It’s very hard to describe the taste. However, if you want to talk about fatty birds, try goose. Those things are LOADED with fat.

The thing to keep in mind about duck and goose is you need to cook them right and brine them before hand. Brine them for at least 12 hours for a whole bird, with a mixture of 1 gallon of water, to one cup of kosher salt, to one cup of brown sugar.

I’m going to forewarn you right now, I’ve looked into getting a falconry permit, and apparently, it is A LOT of work maintaining a bird. That’s what I’ve heard, anyway.

Regardless, I leave the decision to you.

Back
Top Bottom