Turkey Poop

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by sarahjessica, Sep 8, 2013.

1. sarahjessica

sarahjessica Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2013
    I recently introduced new chickens into my flock, and i know i do not have black head in my soil, but i still worry. One of my turkey's poops was very large and very dark, and spread out.
    just wondering if this is a sign of blackhead, I mean she eats fine still and everything, isn't skinny or lethargic, so i might just be overreacting. Her head is kinda blue though. IT's always kind of been like that.

2. Sphynxii

Sphynxii Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2013
    I think its just what shes been eating my two girls commonly have very different poos , sometimes their solid with lots of white and other times their not so solid and very dark i dont think there is any need for concern.

3. sarahjessica

sarahjessica Out Of The Brooder

May 13, 2013
    Okay thanks so much! I'm just an over concerned turkey mom. She's like my puppy but a turkey.

4. Sphynxii

Sphynxii Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2013
    That is fully nderstandable i adore my turkeys so much my poor girl Fredy (we thought she was a he) got a crooked beak when she was little and i was so paniced i didnt know what to do, their so lovable!

5. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
  6. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    These are from one that didn't make it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]