Turkey pooping green/yellow

Orly29

Chirping
14 Years
Apr 2, 2009
Just got a couple of blue skates from a friend and have the quarantined, but noticed one of them is pooping green with yellow. They don’t appear to be sick, not listless, head not drooling down. He did mention that the only thing he was feeding them was chicken scratch and deer corn. Could the color of the poop be due to its previous diet or should I just assume blackhead? Thanks!

Just got a couple of blue skates from a friend and have the quarantined, but noticed one of them is pooping green with yellow. They don’t appear to be sick, not listless, head not drooling down. He did mention that the only thing he was feeding them was chicken scratch and deer corn. Could the color of the poop be due to its previous diet or should I just assume blackhead? Thanks!
Don't assume anything.

@casportpony will want to see pictures of the poop.

Chicken scratch and corn is not an acceptable feed regimen for turkeys. It is low protein and high fat. Not a healthy diet.

I assume you have Blue Slate turkeys.

Pooping green/yellow is usually a sign of feeding grains alone.

Don't assume anything.

@casportpony will want to see pictures of the poop.

Chicken scratch and corn is not an acceptable feed regimen for turkeys. It is low protein and high fat. Not a healthy diet.

I assume you have Blue Slate turkeys.
The turkeys I just picked up are indeed blue slates. The deer corn and scratch diet they were on is what the previous owner had them on. I’ve only had them for a short while and have been getting them to slowly eat gamebird feed. Their poop isn’t yellow anymore…more of a brown and green color. I’m assuming if it was Blackhead, that they would still be pooping yellow.

Pooping green/yellow is usually a sign of feeding grains alone.
I’ve been giving them gamebird feed for a few days and now their poop is green/brown. Looks like it’s their diet. The previous owner had them on grains and corn only and I was panicking after I saw yellow poop, but it’s not yellow any longer.

I’ve been giving them gamebird feed for a few days and now their poop is green/brown. Looks like it’s their diet. The previous owner had them on grains and corn only and I was panicking after I saw yellow poop, but it’s not yellow any longer.
Adult turkeys do fine on a good all flock feed

Can you post some pictures of their poop?
They’re not pooping yell

IMG_8727.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom