Turkey poult age, guesses?

pmoore

Chirping
May 13, 2018
Ohio
My brother-in-law gave my daughter these two turkey poults that he was given the same day and had no desire to keep them. He has no idea how old they are and neither do I, I am totally new to turkeys! I was assuming roughly a week-ish? They are active little guys, always running around, don't have an issue eating or drinking. They're cute as heck either way!
20170530152933__MG_1315.JPG

Turkeys are great. I prefer them to chickens because of their personalities. The dog of the bird world. Haha
So I've heard! We're excited to watch them grow and see what kind of personalities sprout from these guys. Should we be handling them this early? My daughter loves to hold them but I'm still trying to let them adjust to their new home, wasn't sure if there was a such thing as handling them "too young", and about how much we should be handling them for them to be friendly!

I have never had a problem with too much handling. Only dont let them be dropped. Theres nothing like a turkey poult snuggling in your neck when its tired i'll tell you that! Adorable

Back
Top Bottom