Turkey Poults Sick (Update page 3)

They both pooped and are walking around. I took videos.

1623367805578.png
1623367949697.png

Here's the poops- no blood in these. I haven't seen any other bloody stools in the brooder either since I moved them in.

This one shows the weird mouth thing they keep doing. They shift their beaks around back and forth. They adjust their crops sometimes as well.

This one, tentatively named Red, is acting like it lost it's depth perception. It can only keep it's head looking down. Can't look up. Wobbles/trembles a lot.

This shows the other one walking around. It's still lethargic and kind of unsteady, but it can hold it's head up and is walking around pretty determinedly.

I put them both back in the brooder with the others and they went for a drink. The light colored one is still trying to drink, and has only been successful a few times and otherwise pecks above the water. The other one drank a bit, walked around, and then just retreated under the heat plate. The other one finally did too. As I was writing this, one of the more active babies pecked the lighter one on accident and it caused the light baby to shoot forward out from under the plate and roll on its back like the others did earlier.

Just thought I'd give an update!

The last 2 are still alive. The darker red bronze is doing better, walking around and eating and drinking a lot, and also even jumping on top of the heat plate! It still has minor issues swallowing it looks like, but I'm slightly hopeful for a recovery.

The blue red bronze is about the same. Very shaky on her feet, can't lift her head above her back, and spends a lot of time sleeping. I bring her out from under the plate sometimes to eat and drink and she does, but she has trouble swallowing, I assume because she can't lift her head up to swallow like birds usually do. I'm hoping maybe she's just weak and after eating and drinking more she'll regain strength, but another part of me feels like it's something neurological.

I started them all on corid last night. The other 4 who didn't get sick are all still active and running around. No loud yelling unless I leave the room, which I expect, so heres to hoping they don't suddenly take a turn for the worse either.

Back
Top Bottom