Turkey pulling her feathers out

Glenn Atkinson

In the Brooder
Nov 11, 2017
St.Cloud Florida
I have a domestic turkey all white with black feathers not sure what breed she is she's not a very large turkey but she is pulling her feathers out by the dozens I have had her for well over a year never had a problem nothing has changed in her feed or anything and now all of a sudden I am dealing with this and have no idea what to do

When she Grooms herself they are coming out I thought she would be pulling on them I could be wrong maybe it was the way I was looking at her. If she is molting would I be able to pick her up and grab some feathers and would they come out fairly easily to determine if she is molting?

Hi and welcome to BYC :frow We're so happy you've decided to join us:ya For a turkey hen that age, layer is fine. During molt, I'd also offer some grower if you have it or some other source of high vitamin protein.

G’Day from down under Glenn :frow Welcome!

Sorry, I know zip about turkeys but I see that you have received some good tips and also a link to the Turkey forum so I will just add that I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Back
Top Bottom