turkey question are they still safe to eat

hey there kuntrygirl where you been

well the swelling has not built back up yet we did the draining sunday morning
i hope that it will stay down i need to get this hen with the rest of the flock
i have her in my quail grow out pen and i am in bad need of the pen
i have 75 quails the need to be put in it so i can get the other quail out of the brooder
about time to put some in the freezer
but as far as the turkey goes it fixin to storm again wednesday and thats when it seems to me when the swelling come back
but like i was saying if it comes back i will put some homemade shunts under both eyes so it will drain and not build up
but im hoping that i dont have to do that but if i do its the best time of year during the winter so i dont have to worry about bacteria or flys infecting it

I hope you don't have any more trouble when it rains, the poor thing has been through enough!
fl.gif

hey there kuntrygirl         where you been

well the swelling has not built back up yet we did the draining sunday morning
i hope that it will stay down i need to get this hen with the rest of the flock
i have her in my quail grow out pen and i am in bad need of the pen
i have 75 quails the need to be put in it so i can get the other quail out of the brooder
about time to put some in the freezer
but as far as the turkey goes it fixin to storm again wednesday and thats when it seems to me when the swelling come back
but like i was saying if it comes back i will put some homemade shunts under both eyes so it will drain and not build up
but im hoping that i dont have to do that but if i do its the best time of year during the winter so i dont have to worry about bacteria or flys infecting it

Hey. I'm here. Just tired and sleepy. :/

I hate when it rains, gets cold and the weather is just terrible. It takes a toll on the turkeys.

well let me see

4 domestic eastren wild turkeys
and i think the other four or so are natgens i know that i spelled that wrong but all of them look like wild turkeys to me lol
wild fat taste turkeys hmmmmm
oh sorry my train of thought got derailed by thinking how delicious they are gonna be soon
but first i have to put 75 quails and 3 pheasant in the freezer and about the time i get thru eating them it shoudl be spring and i will be putting any extra toms i have in the freezer

can you tell me if silkies are good to eat for some reason i had alot of roosters that hatched and noone wants to buy them
if i did somthing with all these extra roosters i could cut me feed bill down some

Hey. I'm here. Just tired and sleepy.
hmm.png

I hate when it rains, gets cold and the weather is just terrible. It takes a toll on the turkeys.
what you doing tired and sleepy ?
been on a hot date
what do you do on a hot date its been so long since i been on one i wouldnt know what to do now
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Hey. I'm here. Just tired and sleepy. :/

what you doing tired and sleepy ?
been on a hot date
what do you do on a  hot date its been so long since i been on one i wouldnt know what to do now:idunno

:yuckyuck

:lau

Yea, a hot date with my nearly 300 animals. :th

I"m dragging. Too much work out there in that chicken yard. I work a full time job and when I get home at 5:30 PM, i jump in my steel toe rubber boots and yard clothes and commence to feeding, watering, picking eggs, getting egg orders ready and so on and so forth. I don't get to bed until midnight some nights. The only hot date I have is with my bed ole bed. :p

well let me see

4 domestic eastren wild turkeys
and i think the other four or so are natgens i know that i spelled that wrong but all of them look like wild turkeys to me lol
wild fat taste turkeys hmmmmm
oh sorry  my train of thought got derailed by thinking how delicious they are gonna be soon
but first i have to put 75 quails and 3 pheasant in the freezer and about the time i get thru eating them it shoudl be spring and i will be putting any extra toms i have in the freezer

can you tell me if silkies are good to eat for some reason i had alot of roosters that hatched and noone wants to buy them
if i did somthing with all these extra roosters i could cut me feed bill down some

I know someone who was looking for an Eastern Turkey. Do you have any for sale?

From what I hear silkies are VERY good to eat. Asians love silkies. There is an Asian market in Lafayette and they have a freezer full of the dark meat silkies.

I hope you know that roosters make a delicious gumbo. I make rooster gumbo ALL THE TIME. You can also do rooster stews. :drool That would be more meat in the freezer for you and your family.

Did you post the extra roosters on Craigslist? Someone may want to buy them.

yuckyuck.gif

lau.gif

Yea, a hot date with my nearly 300 animals.
th.gif

I"m dragging. Too much work out there in that chicken yard. I work a full time job and when I get home at 5:30 PM, i jump in my steel toe rubber boots and yard clothes and commence to feeding, watering, picking eggs, getting egg orders ready and so on and so forth. I don't get to bed until midnight some nights. The only hot date I have is with my bed ole bed.
tongue.png
i hope that one day to have thing built up like you do
i own a trucking company and now im down to one truck i haul logs with
i was hoping to sell texas a&m quails and pheasants and turkey and chicken eggs and give trucking up for good
dot is so hard on small time owner operators every time you turn around they have new law and they will not let you know them till they stop you and give you a big fine
where did yyou find steel toed rubber boot at

Back
Top Bottom