Turkey sexing help!

mothaducker

Chirping
May 8, 2017
Hello turkey experts! I would love opinions on the sex of my two turkeys. I would like to add more to my flock but want to verify what I have already. I’m pretty confident one is a male but I’m not sure about the other.
They are approximately 12 week old Black Turkeys.
The one I’m not sure about:
- snood is much smaller / more straight up than the other turkey
- “she” puffs up and kind of struts when the male does but she doesn’t do it as much or as dramatically and seems to only do it in response to him starting it.
- whole body including the legs are about the same size as the male
In the pics : super close up is the one who I’m not sure about. The other face shot is the one I think is male. In the whole body pic the one in question is in the front.
Thank you in advance for your help!

Attachments

• 85AB68A2-6EDD-4D07-B8B0-0A6D6095FD9F.jpeg
    85AB68A2-6EDD-4D07-B8B0-0A6D6095FD9F.jpeg
    781.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 4972339E-5485-4F8D-992E-50EB561351C9.jpeg
    4972339E-5485-4F8D-992E-50EB561351C9.jpeg
    599.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 2E9799F4-765C-4E31-8EA1-9A5DB571849C.jpeg
    2E9799F4-765C-4E31-8EA1-9A5DB571849C.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 55
Hello turkey experts! I would love opinions on the sex of my two turkeys. I would like to add more to my flock but want to verify what I have already. I’m pretty confident one is a male but I’m not sure about the other.
- “she” puffs up and kind of struts when the male does but she doesn’t do it as much or as dramatically and seems to only do it in response to him starting it.
In the pics : super close up is the one who I’m not sure about. The other face shot is the one I think is male. In the whole body pic the one in question is in the front.
Hen

The first two pictures are female. The Mohawk is a dead give away. I can't zoom in on the third I have bad condition where I am at the moment.

just from looking at that last picture with the both of them I'd assume ones a male and the other female, as one of them (the male) is fanning out it's tail like that, but as I'm not expert and i only have ever had 4 turkeys all babies i have no idea

just from looking at that last picture with the both of them I'd assume ones a male and the other female, as one of them (the male) is fanning out it's tail like that, but as I'm not expert and i only have ever had 4 turkeys all babies i have no idea
Displaying can be done by both hens and toms.

Back
Top Bottom