Turkey stopped laying

Girl4Chickens

Chirping
May 9, 2021
My bbw turkey stopped laying! She is only one year old but pretty big. We didn’t do research about her so we didn’t know she was a meat bird. Wilma started out laying early spring but stopped. She is fed game bird pellets and scratch feed. Any ideas?

How many eggs did she lay? She may very well have laid her 'quota' for the season.
Maybe 7-8 I know it’s probably not the best but she is the only turkey her sister died as a chick but she lives with only chickens could that mess her up.

My bbw turkey stopped laying! She is only one year old but pretty big. We didn’t do research about her so we didn’t know she was a meat bird. Wilma started out laying early spring but stopped. She is fed game bird pellets and scratch feed. Any ideas?
You may want to put her on a lower protein diet. I would not give her scratch. It is low protein but is high in fats.

It is possible that she has a hidden nest. Early spring to now should have produced a lot more eggs than that even if she was only laying every other day.

You may want to put her on a lower protein diet. I would not give her scratch. It is low protein but is high in fats.

It is possible that she has a hidden nest. Early spring to now should have produced a lot more eggs than that even if she was only laying every other day.
She is free ranged so she might be hiding some. Will do thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom