Turkey struts for me...?

callieisspooky

Songster
7 Years
Jul 18, 2012
Carmel Valley, CA
I wasn't sure at first, but now I'm certain - my 6 month old tom (whom I raised from an egg) struts his stuff whenever I go near. If I'm outside where he's free ranging, he'll go out of his way to walk over and strut. Fortunately he's not aggressive, he just walks around me displaying. What is that all about? LOL, you're cute but not my type, little boy!

Last edited:
I once went to a resort in Virginia that had stables and a petting zoo. The people that worked there had to warn everyone of the turkey that would strut for people when they came in. I found it hilarious watching people become victims of the stalking turkey. I'm not sure why they would do this either? I just wanted to reply and say your's isn't the only case I've heard of!

Mine gets pretty fresh. If I leave a shoe on the ground, he'll dance on it. In the mating season, if I'm sitting on the ground he'll try to climb on my legs. If I'm planting or working under the car, I pretty much have to lock him up - he loves people and will follow anyone around for attention.

Back
Top Bottom