Turkey thread!!

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by bhawk78, Sep 28, 2013.

1. bhawk78

bhawk78 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2013
    Arizona
    Post pics and information on all of your turkeys!!

2. Trixy318

Trixy318 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2013
    Glendale , AZ
    [​IMG]This ishank our pet turkey we have had sin ce hatchling we adore him he is so sweet and freindky we really want another turkey a female for him .. but our local supplier Pratts says they wont be getting anymore , I see you are in AZ also . DO you know where we can get another turkey ASAP youngwer teh better , i suppose a male would be ok too.. we did pick up a another hatching recently but the other morning we woke up and it was dead : ( in cage no idea why ? ) : ( it was adorarable and appeared very healthy >? Since your IN AZ too where areb you located ?

3. Celie

Celie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2012
    Tickfaw, Louisiana
    A poult can't be put out for 6 weeks or more, because the slightest draft or wet will kill it. Is it a Holland White or a BBW? Do you have an incubator?

4. Trixy318

Trixy318 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2013
    Glendale , AZ
    We had a light on her but .that must of been why she was kept in house under light never put outside .until that night with light n covered. Thank you for info ..we feel aweful about loosing her.

5. Peep-Chicken

Peep-Chicken Overrun With Chickens

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    Looking though pics and I found a cute pic of our little turkey, Turkey! :D

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. chickieluver26

chickieluver26 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2013
    San Antonio Texas
    Can someone with information on incubating turkey eggs help me please. We found a turkey egg on our ranch we grabbed it thinking it was one of our chickens we got back to the house and realized it was a turkey I candled it and here are the pictures of the candling
    Here is the air cell
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There is a medium to large dark mass at the top which I am assuming is the embryo am I right?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I have it in a homemade incubator that has a steady temp of 101.5 here is a picture of it
    [​IMG]
    Can anyone help me or tell me if it is alive?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by