Turkey walking around with it's eyes closed

Quote:
I have learned something new today. Thanks for your post. Skunkmiser, I sure hope that this information can help your poor baby. Please keep us posted. Good Luck.

Also had one chicken with it to once, we fixed him right up with the remedy given. The poultry inspector was here the one day and i showed the bird to him and ask if he knew what it was.. and he's never seen it or heard of it and had no clue, so i educated him that day but also told him he needed to go back to school and learn more about poultry and the pests that they can get sometime. these are very rare worms but your birds can get them, let me tell ya it is tough killing them..

478_eye_worm_photo_final.jpg

478_eye_worm_2_final.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, that's what my pullets eyes look like!! I just posted asking if anyone knew about this. We do live in the woods and we have woodroaches around and these chickens in different pens have that. Can you take that white thing out of there eyes?

No that is the nictitating eye membrane, the worm is inside that. Some say surgery is required to remove the worm, that is not true as i killed them/it on three occasions about 2-3 summers ago.

Last edited:
Well on the 12th i started .3% ciloxan drops in her eye once a day in case it was conjunctivitis. Now monday everything is cleared up and she is happy and her eyes have cleared up 100%. I and wondering if a diff turekey or a rir hen popped her in the eyes fighting and possibly got an infection. I am going to continue drops for 2-3 more days.

Back
Top Bottom