Turkey with injured? toe w/pic

leepsy

Songster
12 Years
Jan 30, 2007
North Florida
Myfavorite turkey ken has a swollen toe that has turned white on half of it. I only saw it this morning. The white area does not seem to have pus in it. It almost looks like the circulation has been cut off but I can't see anything wrapped around it. The under area of the toe at the knuckle appears black. It is very painful to her and you can see where she has been picking at it. I washed it with Betadine and sprayed it with the purple "stuff" until I could determine what I should do further. .......Any help would be appreciated!

301_dsc_0472.jpg

Our rooster had this. We still don't know exactly what it is, but what happened with him is that, after antibiotics, soaking in epsom salt, and some time, the tip just came off. He is fine now, his foot healed up and he is acting normally. What is left of that toe is a little larger than the rest of the toes; I think it may just be scar tissue. Only difference is that he did not seem to feel any pain unless we really messed with it. Here is the link to the post I had up about it: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=174143

Back
Top Bottom