Turkey With Swollen Cheeks-Please Help

Quote:
And soon the Guiness Book of World Records will show that kuntrygirl has the worlds largest collection of turkey snot... for some reason I don't think you would have competition.
lau.gif

Actually, it doesn't bother me to look at that stuff, good thing because pulling it out of the turkey with my eyes closed and squealing the whole time probably wouldn't work. I tried to show it to DH (the first one I did had 5ccs just in one side), and I just don't understand why he wouldn't look? And when his sinus was messed up he wouldn't let me drain it for him.
roll.png
I tried to tell him that it would get the pressure off, but...
idunno.gif

Quote:
And soon the Guiness Book of World Records will show that kuntrygirl has the worlds largest collection of turkey snot... for some reason I don't think you would have competition.
lau.gif

Actually, it doesn't bother me to look at that stuff, good thing because pulling it out of the turkey with my eyes closed and squealing the whole time probably wouldn't work. I tried to show it to DH (the first one I did had 5ccs just in one side), and I just don't understand why he wouldn't look? And when his sinus was messed up he wouldn't let me drain it for him.
roll.png
idunno.gif

yuckyuck.gif

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
lau.gif

roll.png
idunno.gif

yuckyuck.gif

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

I like the way you think, kuntrygirl... it's probably a good thing that we don't live close to each other. The neighbors would live in fear.
cool.png

Quote:
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Well, he's puffy on both sides again today. Maybe his allergies are just really bad?
lol.png
But it was clear mucous, not pus-like (really no good way to spell pus-y.
lau.gif
) I called and ordered Tylan but it'll be a week before it gets here.
roll.png
There's no point in draining them again any time soon. I'll keep checking to make sure it's soft and if it starts to get less soft I'll drain then.

The Tylan 50 FINALLY came in yesterday! Today I'll be treating him. So it's 1cc/10 lbs? And inject right into his sinuses? One side, or half in each side? And I'm assuming I should drain his sinuses again first?

I would drain them first, but I don't think most people do that so it's up to you... Personally, I feel that if you get the gunk out, it's one less thing they have to deal with. I inject right into the sinus, a lot of folks inject under the skin at the base of the neck. Just please don't inject into the muscle, it can do permanent damage. It's been a few years since I treated for a sinus problem, but 1 cc sounds about right... I hope he feels better soon!

I drained his sinuses last night and injected 1.5 cc in the sinus. He was alive this morning, that's about all I could tell because it was so dark out when I left for work.
lol.png

Frosty, how long/often should I treat him? And how long before we can eat him?
tongue.png
Should I use the same w/d on the Tylan bottle for cattle and swine?

Quote:
Honestly, I may not be the best person to ask about that... I dosed once then waited two days to see how they were doing. If the swelling was gone at that point, I didn't even do a second dose. And I never had one that still had swelling after two days, so I only did a single shot each time. I have never had a reoccurance of the problem, and it never spread to other birds around them so I really don't know what caused it.

I think I would go with the withdrawal listed as a minimum. The birds that I treated weren't going to meet the ax any time in the near future (and the peacock not at all) so I never really gave that any thought.

Back
Top Bottom