Turkey

Kmountcastle

Hatching
May 30, 2020
Ok woke up yesterday morning my tom Turkey was stumbling. He seemed to get better as the day went on. Went to coop and this is what he did.Woke up this morning he had passed away. Now my hen Turkey doing the same thing. Minus throwing the head back. Help I'm new to turkeys I got a game bird feed 22% protien I think is the amount. And food is up off the ground, and so is the water. They are 13 weeks old. What is this and will it infect my flock of chickens. They seem just fine still eating drinking and laying eggs. Oh and the hen is eating and drinking still.

She is doing better today walking a bit more. I added dry cat food to up the protien more and isolated her in a small cage. She seems to be walking better today. I just hope she continues getting better. Can a protien deficiency just happen over night. I have only had them (now just her) for just over a week i got them at 12 weeks she is going on 14 weeks now

She is doing better today walking a bit more. I added dry cat food to up the protien more and isolated her in a small cage. She seems to be walking better today. I just hope she continues getting better. Can a protien deficiency just happen over night. I have only had them (now just her) for just over a week i got them at 12 weeks she is going on 14 weeks now
The problem is what they were being fed before you got them. Improper feed is usually deficient in lysine, methionine, niacin and protein. All of it added together yields bad results.

They r getting this.
I had mixed in flax seed as well and they have access to the chicken feed.
Which is ranch pro 15% laying crumbles, an all flock mixed in from ranch pro. They have a feeder that is hung so access to food all day fresh water in the morning and usually mid day depending on temps. I have about 700 square feet of fencing for the birds to forage in with a barn for cool temps and shade. The yard is wooded to so lots of cover and shade.
I have no idea what the guy was feeding before

Attachments

• 6653175_1.png
    6653175_1.png
    353.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 6653176_1.png
    6653176_1.png
    415.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 6653193.jpg
    6653193.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1

Back