Turkeys and Geese

slc33

In the Brooder
Apr 10, 2017
Last Thursday I went to a womans place and picked up her 2 African geese as the male was attacting them. Since I have a number of geese what was 2 more. Anyways after we got back and let them out they kinda looked around and saw my turkeys Fred Ethel and Lucy. Ah Ha he said fair game and went after Lucy who got away from him Then he went after Ethel. She in turn turned on him and got him by his neck and let him have it. She held on to his neck and chased him all over hanging on to his neck. She finally got him to a space where she had him penned in and she began to talk to him in some kind of turkey talk that I never heard before. It was low and she was looking him right in the eye as I went to where they were and saw it all. It was like she was giving him a lecture for about 2 minutes solid. I want to say it would be talk like a turkey talks to babies but not sure. Anways after that talk he hightailed it out of her area and to this day he has not gone after any turkeys or chickens. Its like she put the fear of God or Turkey in him and to this day he has behaved himself. I swear he understood her cause he is a perfect gentleman since she had her talk to him He has not even come after me either.

Has anyone else who raises turkey heard of this funny talk she gave him? It wasn't gooble gooble gooble talk or that funny little noise they make it was turkey talk that went on for over 2 minutes. I can't find anything on this noise she made on the net

Back
Top Bottom