turkeys are wonderful

CarnyCat

Songster
6 Years
Apr 18, 2014
In the woods of Ga
For all you chicken lovers out there , let me just say turkeys are wonderful. I have both and turkeys have so much personality. They are smart, alert for predators and so much to watch and enjoy. If you have the room, get some turkeys.

I love them! They're so interesting and beautiful. I raised two, and sold them to a 4-H boy. I wish I still had them though, but a the time, my turkey tom (he was a beautiful Royal Palm) would not allow any newcomers to be around. I bought a trio of show quality Buckeye chickens, and he went after the rooster viciously. So that's why I rehomed them. I surely loved them though......I may get a few more in the spring, now that I'm not planning on getting any new chickens....

My turkeys are just beautys!!! They are very intelligent, they are good guard animals, they are sweet, you can pet them... and of course they are just plain FUN!!!!

Hello Dayna, Where in South Dakota are you? I lived in Rapid City for eighteen years before moving back to Georgia, I love that state and lament about it often, Nice picture of the old dirt track racer, my husband is into motorcycles and I am into birds.How do you keep your turkeys in that cold weather? Thanks Catherine

I am located in Sioux Falls in the country... by a fenceline. Thanks. I am into motorcycles and birds also. Lets get back onto subject. I just keep them outside in their regular cages. The are provided with a heated water bowl and Dog houses filled with straw. That seems to do it for them.

I got 3 BBwhites this spring and sadly they all got taken by a dog.
1 early on and 2 just 7 weeks ago.
I went out and got 3 bue slates and they are the opposite of the the white. they run and hide when I open the door :( I really miss my Minx and krism. they would come running to me any talk to me.
I and still hoping that cinnamon and toast come around.

Back
Top Bottom