Turkeys as goat buddies?

BobbiesZoo

Hatching
May 22, 2017
Hello!
Interested in a tom turkey to be a buddy to two mini lamancha goats. There's a horse too, but would put the turkey up w/the goats at night.
Is this feasible? Pasture/pen fences between 4-5 foot high, best guess. Also, this is assuming they would eat each other's food to a degree?
Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

Oh, I should mention, my neighbor is an ass. So, if turkey does get on his property, it is a goner. I can get a full grown one, if a fat, lazy turkey is less likely to fly over the fence.

My goats and turkeys ignore each other. They aren't exactly compatible species. They can be housed together, though the turkey will need a roost to sleep on. Feed requirements are different and the goats shouldn't eat turkey feed.

Hello!
Interested in a tom turkey to be a buddy to two mini lamancha goats. There's a horse too, but would put the turkey up w/the goats at night.
Is this feasible? Pasture/pen fences between 4-5 foot high, best guess. Also, this is assuming they would eat each other's food to a degree?
Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

Oh, I should mention, my neighbor is an ass. So, if turkey does get on his property, it is a goner. I can get a full grown one, if a fat, lazy turkey is less likely to fly over the fence.

I never recommend getting a lone turkey, especially a lone tom turkey. Turkeys are a flock bird and they need the companionship of their own kind. Lone toms can become extremely sexually frustrated which can lead to unique problems.

I do know a woman who had one of her hen turkeys "fall in love" with a goat. They can imprint on other species.

There are also the issues that @oldhenlikesdogs pointed out.

Back
Top Bottom