Turkeys as pets :) <3

Attachments

• IMG_3200.JPG
    IMG_3200.JPG
    577.6 KB · Views: 3
I have four royal palms who are pets only and I love them. My question is what do you do with numerous toms? I have two toms and two hens as it turns out. I don't have space for more than four and I have read the toms will fight over the hens. I'm so attached to them at this point (they are around 3 months) I can't imagine giving one up. Have you encountered this at all?

I have four royal palms who are pets only and I love them. My question is what do you do with numerous toms? I have two toms and two hens as it turns out. I don't have space for more than four and I have read the toms will fight over the hens. I'm so attached to them at this point (they are around 3 months) I can't imagine giving one up. Have you encountered this at all?
I have two toms actually. But one of them is over a year old and he is in his own separate pen. I had him first on his own. And then these two my blacks my hen and tom are together in a pen.

Here are my pets. I have 8 altogether including some poults that range from 6 to 10 weeks old. They are great. Each one seems to have its own personality.
pets.jpg

Do you let your turkeys free range during the day?
Do you have to worry about any predators?
I let my turkeys free range while I'm out to watch them, they are never out if I can't super vise. We have lost chickens free ranging so I wouldn't trust it with my turkeys. But they get a couple hours out every day :)

I let my turkeys free range while I'm out to watch them, they are never out if I can't super vise. We have lost chickens free ranging so I wouldn't trust it with my turkeys. But they get a couple hours out every day :)
That's a bummer. I was hoping somehow they magically weren't as threatened as the smaller birds would be.

Back
Top Bottom