Turkeys breeding in November

NMeaux

In the Brooder
Feb 24, 2022
So today I was so excited that my bourbon red tom and hen have bred for the first time that I know of. Then after being so excited I realized it’s November. So with that said will she lay eggs and be fertilized being it’s November and not their usually breeding and laying time? Steve my Tom is about 1 year old and Rouge my hen is almost 8 months old.

Attachments

• C76F896F-5773-45A5-9318-4AD11B9CE298.jpeg
    C76F896F-5773-45A5-9318-4AD11B9CE298.jpeg
    571.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 08D88310-46B5-4186-809C-778ABE8635DD.jpeg
    08D88310-46B5-4186-809C-778ABE8635DD.jpeg
    690.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 158F4D42-78ED-4302-88DF-DDBEA7041AC0.jpeg
    158F4D42-78ED-4302-88DF-DDBEA7041AC0.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
I think it may be possible. Around this time last year I had a BBW laying, and i know others who within the last month or two, have still had females laying and/or going broody.

My nearly 8 month old Bourbon Reds are mating and laying eggs. I am in North Florida. I am eating these eggs as it will be cold here in January, February and March.

My nearly 8 month old Bourbon Reds are mating and laying eggs. I am in North Florida. I am eating these eggs as it will be cold here in January, February and March.
Cold is relative. I’m sure any poults hatched would be fine. What’s the coldest it could possibly get there?

(Not trying to tell you what to do with your eggs, just to enable any hatching addiction you might have! 😂)

Cold is relative. I’m sure any poults hatched would be fine. What’s the coldest it could possibly get there?

(Not trying to tell you what to do with your eggs, just to enable any hatching addiction you might have! 😂)
Might actually agree with the cold-in-florida-isn’t-so-bad thing. kind of. I’m in central florida, which is admittedly closer to the equator, but I don’t really use heaters on many of my chicks, even during the cold weather that the hurricanes brought. The newly-hatched ones have been getting it for maybe 3 weeks, but then it shuts off when I move them into new brooders.

It has been down in the teens since I have lived here. I would love to have some poults hatch. My hens seem to be laying eggs wherever the urge takes them. Will they eventually lay in the same spot or will I have to gather them into a spot?

Back
Top Bottom