Turkeys eat mice?

arad2586

In the Brooder
May 13, 2015
Hot Springs, AR
Just wondering about turkeys eating mice, my fiance's dad had a BBB that she said she had seen of a couple occasions of him killing and eating mice. Just out of curiosity I was wondering if they will normally do that (eat anything they can catch) or if it mightve been a rare occurrence. Maybe he just looked at it like a really big bug?

Just wondering about turkeys eating mice, my fiance's dad had a BBB that she said she had seen of a couple occasions of him killing and eating mice. Just out of curiosity I was wondering if they will normally do that (eat anything they can catch) or if it mightve been a rare occurrence. Maybe he just looked at it like a really big bug?

It depends on the individual turkey but most of them will kill and eat anything they can catch. That includes mice, voles snakes, lizards and small birds.

That's great to hear and I had no idea! There is a mouse that lives in the coop and I hope our turkeys catch it when they get bigger. I caught one once but there is one more and I want it out of the coop!!!! I've tried 3 packs of glue traps and the havahart trap but no luck with that second mouse.
he.gif

It depends on the individual turkey but most of them will kill and eat anything they can catch. That includes mice, voles snakes, lizards and small birds.

X 2 - this goes for chickens as well. They'll eat pretty much anything that doesn't eat them first.

Back
Top Bottom