Turkeys For 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very pretty RockerHen
love.gif

yup.. we have dogs and tile floors.. so I end up mopping the floors a lot!.. and even in my old age I still get down on my hands and knees and scrub the floors on occasion...

lol.. my momma taught me the old fashioned way.... my back and knees don't appreciate it... but it does get the grime out of the grout between the tiles.....
I clean the grout in my kitchen with Hydrogen Peroxide, just in case some juice might have been spilled or tracked in on the dogs or cat's feet and we do not wear our outside shoes indoors, we leave them on the porch and step into our inside shoes.
hide.gif

I hate a tread mill too-- rather chase turkeys and chickens!!

Yes, Jack Lalane is gone, but I remember his shows from the '60's and he was very practical-- using common house hold items like a ladderback straight chair and a mop. Do any of us have mops anymore??lol

Yes, our generation can change the future. Dump all the junk food, ALL, and eat real meat and vegies. Love eating turkey all year long.
I thought everyone had a mop, what do they use? I have a mop and a steam mop for my floors. We need to replace the carpeting in the living room and hall, because the pets shed too much, but will have to use wood flooring cause the tile in the Kitchen dining and baths will not line up straight to use ceramic and we could never match the color!
tongue.gif

What is a good age to process a Narragansett turkey? Mine will be 8 months old next month and I would like to process one for thanksgiving. Do you think it will be close to 35-40#'s?
That's why, when asked what breed, I suggest maybe trying a BBW or BBB for this year while you are growing out your Heritage for next year. Home grown hybrids are still better than store bought!
wink.png

Can you serve up 2 birds??? I have a very large roasting pan and it can handle 2 birds side by side, with a little help from some foil. lol
I only have two toms and one baby I believe is a jenny. So I will need my other tom for breeding next year. I just wanted to take a fresh home grown bird to my DD down in FL. for Thanksgiving. But it will have to wait till next year. Maybe I will do a ham? Arielle where did you get a large enough roaster for two turkeys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom