Turkeys not hatching, but when they do they all die☹️

I am not a turkey hatcher, but the humidity you're using seems high to me after reading what Mr. Porter said about hatching turkeys. Based on the hatching information he gives, you might try decreasing the humidity to ~45% days 0-24 and then bump it to 80% and lower the temp a degree or two at that time.

High humidity can make the chicks/poults too large to properly turn in the shell when it's time to hatch, and weaken them to the extent that even if they hatch they are too weak to thrive.

My humidity is always 75% if not higher,
This is what I was basing my comment about humidity on.

Maybe the way to get a handle on this is to clean and disinfect your incubator completely, then do a hatch of only turkey eggs following Mr. Porter's guide, and see if anything changes. You could even dip the eggs in Oxine or bleach solution, warmer than room temperature, and let the eggs dry completely right before setting them. Put a bit of Oxine or bleach in the water you use for humidity. Make sure you are using distilled water. Check the temps with good thermometers that are accurate to within less than a degree. If there's someone near you with a flock who would sell you some of their turkey eggs that are fertilized, set some of those at the same time, so you can get a better idea of whether it's the flock or the incubator.

Back
Top Bottom