Turkeys probably will need put down

Oklahoma Lightning

Songster
10 Years
Mar 3, 2009
Twin Oaks
Will, I am crying and mad all at the same time.
The State Ag guy just left with my young chocolate hen head to Ar for testing. She is live but sick.. My big Chocolate Tom dead last night and two other turkeys. I called this guy yesterday and asked for help and now I am very glad I did.
We cut one of them open and it wasn't good news. I will probably have to put the other seven in that pen down. He says it what I thought it might be. When we get the test back this weekend, I will tell all of you the hitcher's name. He sell ducks,turkeys,quail and geese I think, And I don't want other people losing birds like I have.
He sells a lot of them at auctions,too.
I know to some $400 worth of turkeys to lose isn't much to lose but to me it is. And what hurts the most is my Porter turkeys that I drive to the backwoods of Ar were the start to my heritage breeding program. Now I have to get new Porter stock in three breeds.
And I lost all of my Christmas turkeys,

I was lucky this Ag guy knows his stuff and who to call for help. He talk with a turkey vet that works for Butterball. And he willing to work with me and help me.
Will keep you up dated.
Mostly it been a lesson in who to buy from and who not to buy from. Darn costly mistake.

L

What is it that they have? I am so sorry for your loss. I just lost a baby poult chocolate from Porter's and I feel so bad. I am sure you must be feeling terrible too.

Quote:
I can't say right now what it is but I will post what it is when the test come back. I want to be fair about this. I am really having to work hard at keeping my mouth shut because I am so hurt.

Quote:
i
It what you type when you crying,mad at the world ( no really just one guy and my self, and you can't spell.
But basically it the darn guy that hitched the sick turkeys

Back
Top Bottom