Turkeys with Guinea Fowl

Finnisher

Chirping
Apr 26, 2016
Hey,

I'm going to be getting turkeys soon and the hatchery also sells guinea fowl for cheap so i was gonna get some of them too. The turkeys will be broad breasted whites or beltsville whites, and the guinea fowl will be pearl guinea fowl. If I get day olds can they be brooded together till they're 3-4 weeks? Just asking because the feed is the same and I don't want to build another brooder and buy another heat lamp unless I have to. I guess the only problem would be disease and bullying because of the size difference. I will be posting in the guinea fowl forum also.

Thank you!

Hey,

I'm going to be getting turkeys soon and the hatchery also sells guinea fowl for cheap so i was gonna get some of them too. The turkeys will be broad breasted whites or beltsville whites, and the guinea fowl will be pearl guinea fowl. If I get day olds can they be brooded together till they're 3-4 weeks? Just asking because the feed is the same and I don't want to build another brooder and buy another heat lamp unless I have to. I guess the only problem would be disease and bullying because of the size difference. I will be posting in the guinea fowl forum also.

Thank you!

I have brooded keets and poults together numerous times. Make sure that the brooder is not crowded and the temperature is warm enough to prevent them from all piling together in one spot for heat. The sprawled out sleeping nature of the keets make them vulnerable to suffocation when they end up at the bottom of the pile.

Guineas and turkeys bond very easily.

I only read of one case where the keets learned to flip the poults on their backs and would then kill the poults by devouring their intestines. I never had any such issues.

I do recommend that you not get some guineas but that you get at least a minimum of 10 keets.

Last edited:
As long as they're around the same age and the brooder isn't over crowded you'll be fine. When I hatch mine I raise them all together whether it be guineas, ducks, turkeys, geese, or chickens and they all get along pretty good.

Thanks for the info everyone.

As long as they're around the same age and the brooder isn't over crowded you'll be fine. When I hatch mine I raise them all together whether it be guineas, ducks, turkeys, geese, or chickens and they all get along pretty good.

You keep poults and chicks together?

Back
Top Bottom