Turkeys

fauna

Chirping
12 Years
Mar 9, 2012
Looking for information on processing BBW turkeys to aim for a 12-16 lb. processed weight. Has anyone processed a Tom at around 14 weeks and if so, what was it like?

Looking for information on processing BBW turkeys to aim for a 12-16 lb. processed weight. Has anyone processed a Tom at around 14 weeks and if so, what was it like?
Sorry for the delayed reply but yes I have processed BBW and BBB turkeys as young as 12-14 weeks. The BBW tom was approximately 18# processed weight. My 12-14 week BBB were hens and processed out a bit smaller at 12-14#.

Sorry for the delayed reply but yes I have processed BBW and BBB turkeys as young as 12-14 weeks. The BBW tom was approximately 18# processed weight. My 12-14 week BBB were hens and processed out a bit smaller at 12-14#.
Thank you

Oh boy! You are just the person I need to have access to. This is my first year...I'm sure you will be hearing from me. I have 100 coming in July. We have done many broilers and about 50 + ducks, but never turkeys ( at least not on this scale) I have a few coming in June just to get a feel for the chicks.....

Good to know! I’ll be keeping your info handy too as my birds grow, muddy!

Back
Top Bottom