Turkeys

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by sgame, Jan 11, 2011.

1. sgame

sgame New Egg

Jan 11, 2011
    I have two turkeys that showed up at my house yesterday. They are beautiful black and white, domestic and escaped from somewhere. I have called EVERY agency I can think of and no one will help me find a home for these birds. HELP!!

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Okay, I'm sure someone nearby is looking for their birds. It sounds like they are royal palms.... Where are you located? You might try posting under your state.

They might also be "wild".....I've seen some white wild turkeys near us, probably mixed with domestics along the way,. I would try letting game control know you have them. Try to post a craigslist ad asking the owner to tell you how many birds they are missing and see if there are any bands on the feet, that way maybe the "taker" will be the original owner.

You might also check sheriff and city to see if any reports of missing animals. We had horses wander on our property and the report was through the sheriffs office...Great Luck and have a blessed day...Nancy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by