Turkeys

Grand-hen-ma

Songster
9 Years
Apr 25, 2010
Hudson Florida
Hi, I have been searching all over the place for turkeys. I'll buy some fertile eggs or already hatched. I would like to get 2 hens and 1 tom for now. Is there anyone on here that sells them? I live in Hudson Florida, in Pasco county.

Anyone???

It's the wrong time of year to purchase young birds, if you were closer to me I could sell you some "teenagers" - you may get lucky and find some adult birds around this time of year on craigslist.

Basically, it is the wrong time of year for poults. There are a few turkeys available every now and again if you keep watching for them.

I'm getting some poults in the breed I want next week, but I am driving 320 miles round trip to get them. So, how badly do you want poults?

There should be a good selection of half grown juvenile birds available right now. One of my turkey hens has started laying eggs. So, you might be able to find someone with hatching eggs this time of year. Maybe.

Not many people sell sexed turkeys, so if you have a specific request on sex, for such a small number of birds, I think you are going to have to purchase juveniles instead of poults.

Thanks for your replies. I don't want them bad enough to drive that far. But I just found out one of my neighbors has turkeys. I don't know what kind they are but I will ask them as soon as I see them.

turkeys are not like chickens they are seasonal breeders the only lay and breed in the spring

We have 11 Broad Breasted Bronze young Turkeys they are 6 months old and they are for sale! Come and get them...We are located off Denton Ave just a few miles north of SR 52 Hudson FL

We have 11 Broad Breasted Bronze young Turkeys they are 6 months old and they are for sale! Come and get them...We are located off Denton Ave just a few miles north of SR 52 Hudson FL
Do you want to breed these turkeys or do you want to slaughter them for the holidays? I thought you wanted to MATE them, naturally, so you wanted a trio? Are do you plan to AI these BBBs? If you want to breed them, you should consider the heritage breeds, not BB breeds ?
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom