turkeys

aubreysmama01

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 16, 2014
I'm kind New to this but my Turkeys are laying but there eggs aren't fertile I don't know if my tom is just lazy or do they only breed at a certain time I had chicks before with these same Turkeys help thanks

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

I am not a turkey expert, but I expect that your tom could be infertile, Also, what breed are your turkeys? If they are one of the commercial types (broad breasted white, etc.), then they probably aren't able to mate naturally. With commercial turkey breeds, the large breast of the male prevents him from mounting the hens correctly.

For more answers, I would post your question in the Turkeys section of the forums. People there, who are more knowledgeable about turkeys, should be able to help.

Good luck!

Ok thank you so much I didn't realize there were different sections he has fertilized her eggs before just not now thanks again

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

X2 on Bantamlover21's and TwoCrow's advice.

Good luck with your turkeys!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm a chicken person and don't know much about turkeys (never had any), but definitely post on the turkey link given by TwoCrows and take advantage of our turkey experts. Please feel free to ask any specific questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your turkeys.

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Back
Top Bottom