turner in now what?

Sissy

Songster
12 Years
Jul 18, 2007
Sevier county, Tn.
Hatch came early and the turner is still in. and the little ones are climbing all over the turner can this hurt them?
should I remove the turner I have about 25 more eggs to hatch that are pipping. I now have I looks black ameraucana from sebright and more to hatch and 2 silkies from CJexotixs
and more to hatch,
wee.gif

wow congrat's on all the babies. You have a very good question on your hands. What comes to mind is possibly the turner could catch their little legs and trap them when it turns to a certain angel. I would think of a way to take it out.

Had the same thing happen. We let the little one dry and moved them some would say prematurely. Brooder needs heat lamp. We had no problem with ours. I would move the chicks and lay the eggs down in the incubator. Just be quick but careful. Good luck!!!

Allquackedup and Aslyum .
thanks thats just what i did fast and furious place the eggs and the 3 babes on a warm wet towel did take the turner out
Ihad shut it down. and placed them all back
and now see about 4 more pips.
wee.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
gig.gif

Last edited:
This sort of thing makes me think I should put an on/off switch on the egg-turner so that I can switch it off with "Lockdown" without opening the 'bator.

-Junkmanme-
old.gif

(Who FAILED miserably with his first attempt at incubating in a homemade 'bator and has relied upon broody hens since. Will do the Hovabator thing this Winter!)

Back
Top Bottom