Turner on and off during incubation— rant!

Xouie

Crowing
Jun 11, 2020
SF Bay Area
Three days into incubation of shipped button quail eggs, I realized the turner was plugged into an outlet controlled by a light switch that has been variably on and off the whole time. This is exactly the situation this emoji was made for: :barnie :barnie:barnie

And maybe this one: :he

Ah well. Nothing to be done but move forward. At least it wasn’t the whole incubator on the switch. Just needed to rant to people who would understand my frustration. Thanks.

Thanks all. It means a lot sometimes just to be able to talk about the stuff that a lot of non-poultry people would just say “So?” :hugs Having a sympathetic group is so awesome. You all are my heroes!

It’s a bit early to try candling. I think the biggest issue will be air cells. The loose air cells (3000 miles in a box, at least some of them will be loose) had a chance to settle into awkward positions. So we’re probably in for a difficult hatch. Been there, hated that.

And of course if there are going to be issues with a hatch, it will be with the important eggs. These are for my son to “replace” a pet that died. Fortunately we just need enough to hatch for a couple of pairs. There are 36 eggs, so the numbers are still in my favor!:fl

Thanks all. It means a lot sometimes just to be able to talk about the stuff that a lot of non-poultry people would just say “So?” :hugs Having a sympathetic group is so awesome. You all are my heroes!

It’s a bit early to try candling. I think the biggest issue will be air cells. The loose air cells (3000 miles in a box, at least some of them will be loose) had a chance to settle into awkward positions. So we’re probably in for a difficult hatch. Been there, hated that.

And of course if there are going to be issues with a hatch, it will be with the important eggs. These are for my son to “replace” a pet that died. Fortunately we just need enough to hatch for a couple of pairs. There are 36 eggs, so the numbers are still in my favor!:fl

:fl:fl:fl

Back
Top Bottom