Turner problems

moonlitfarms

Songster
12 Years
Aug 17, 2007
Indiana
barnie.gif
GGGRRRRR!! I have eggs in the bator for the first time ever and my turner stopped working. I am not sure how long this has been a problem. The motor is running but the bars are not moving. This is a Little Giant (I know, I know get a hovabator) is this a common problem that the turners stop? Will my eggs survive if they were not turned for a couple days? Today is day 7

slyfoxpeeps

Songster
12 Years
Oct 11, 2007
Lewisburg, WV
I had the same problem with my new Genisis, a bar was dislogded during shipping so I had to take the turner out and work several back in the slots. Now it is working great!
Sylvia

Cuban Longtails

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast Texas
Yes they'll survive. You can use an egg carton as a temporary turner. Cut the flat lid part off, put the eggs in the carton and prop one side up to create a 45 degree angle. Make sure you "turn" (prop the opposite end up to reverse the 45 degree angle) at least twice a day.
smile.png

Or you can just lay them on their sides and turn them each by hand. Which ever would work for you best. I hand turned a couple of my own eggs for a few days until I was able to remove some others to make room on the turner. They're still developing nicely.
smile.png

Top Bottom