Turning day for duck egg ??????'s

ro.netcmarie

Songster
11 Years
Oct 7, 2008
travelers rest, sc
ok, so i set my pekin duck eggs feb 3,
1. Do i count the day i set them in the bator or the next day? i set them at 10 am Feb.3rd.
2.If so that is telling me to stop turning Feb.25, Is this Correct?????
3. Should I candle them again????? I candle this past wed. Feb25
PLEASE HELP!!!!!! Time is jus in a couple of days!!!!

ro.netcmarie :

ok, so i set my pekin duck eggs feb 3,
1. Do i count the day i set them in the bator or the next day? i set them at 10 am Feb.3rd.
2.If so that is telling me to stop turning Feb.25, Is this Correct?????
3. Should I candle them again????? I candle this past wed. Feb25
PLEASE HELP!!!!!! Time is jus in a couple of days!!!!

If it helps .... Day One ends 24 hours after you put them in the incubator. Day zero doesn't exist
smile.png

Common Ducks incubate for 28 days, and turning should be stopped after 25.

You can candle them, but you probably won't see much once the chick fills the shell.​

i dont think it matters if you are a day off...i had eggs in the bator...not knowing they were mallard they stated hatching before day 25 was up....so they pipped in the turner...i was taking them out to put in the hatcher and there was already a pip...i felt so terrible....they both made it tho...

duck&chickencrazy :

i dont think it matters if you are a day off...i had eggs in the bator...not knowing they were mallard they stated hatching before day 25 was up....so they pipped in the turner...i was taking them out to put in the hatcher and there was already a pip...i felt so terrible....they both made it tho...

Yeah ... it doesn't matter if you are off a bit.

The problems start when you are a bit off with all the parameters ... temp a bit off, humidity a bit off ... you get the drift.

Use a calendar. I've been doing this for a long time, and I still forget when I set them
smile.png

Just an FYI also in case your ducks are like mine. They take forever to hatch once they pip.
barnie.gif
Mine are about 24 hrs from pip to hatch usually whereas my chicks are just several hours. Makes you really want to jump in and help because they take so dang long!
Good luck
big_smile.png

so, starting tomarrow, can i start raising the humidity up and no turning right??? it will be the 25 day for them. gotta remember--- this is my VERY 1st HATCH!!!!!
barnie.gif

Oh good luck. Just remember they do take a long time, so if they have a hole in the egg, but don't seem to be getting anywhere don't panic. Tomarrow stop turning and raise humidity. then just check your humidity every little while and sit back with your hands tied lol.

I wish you the best, once you have one good hatch under your belt, you'll be trying to hatch everything.
lol.png

thanks Farmertank!!!!! though it will be very hard to sit on my hands, it is very hard just to turn them and walk away
barnie.gif
!!!!!! i just stand there over them starring!!!!!!! but i will be patient for them to hatch, that way when they do i will have baby duckies to hold,play with etc... Did i mention I LOVE BABY DUCKIES!!!!!!!!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom