Turning duck eggs?

cursocale

Chirping
Mar 7, 2017
Hi there,

I'm hatching some duck eggs in a Brinsea Maxi II Advanced and I'm wondering how to set the turning timer? The info online says 4 times a day if by hand - but with an auto turner, I think I can only set it at a minimum to every 2 hours, which is 12 times a day and obviously radically different to 4 times a day.

Is there an optimum turning setting for ducks in automatic incubators? I'm really struggling to find this info online.

It says 4 times a day for hand turning because no one really wants to do it every 2 hours. I usually set mine for every 2 hours. They can go for 4 times a day but every 2 hours is what they suggest so the ducklings don’t stick.

Hi there,

I'm hatching some duck eggs in a Brinsea Maxi II Advanced and I'm wondering how to set the turning timer? The info online says 4 times a day if by hand - but with an auto turner, I think I can only set it at a minimum to every 2 hours, which is 12 times a day and obviously radically different to 4 times a day.

Is there an optimum turning setting for ducks in automatic incubators? I'm really struggling to find this info online.

The reason they suggest four times a day by hand is because nobody’s going to turn their eggs every two hours by hand. I’m surprised they recommend four times a day by hand because normally people recommend an odd number of turns because they assume that night time is the longest period of not turning and you want them to be in different positions at night. I hand turn virtually all my eggs and I turn them several times a day when I get around to it and it seems to work out pretty damn well.

Your machine frees you from turning them by hand and the manufacturer has determined how to set their machine. I am not familiar with a machine that gives you options on training, they might have settings for duck eggs versus other types of eggs, all the automatic turners I have used are simply either on or off.

Back
Top Bottom