Turning floor waterers into hanging ones....possible??

I tried hanging mine. I hope you have better luck. It worked for a little bit but then the base started leaning and then fell off. It also didn't help that the chickens loved to lay under it and would knock it off center. then the water would just pour all over the ground. Mine is now sitting on the ground again.
sad.png

I have mine on a plastic milk carton, but Imade a duct tape /rope loop that works fine for lifiting the waterer out of the run .

take a peice of rope, tie knots in each end.
run electrical tape around top of waterer, then run another piece , catching the knots under the tape.

I have two waterers and just switch off, sometimes filling and cleaning are not in the same time box.

My hubby's an engineer, so he solved my similar issue by using a regular metal hanging hook (like for a plant), welding it to a large washer, and then mixing up some JB Beld and glueing it to the top of my waterer, which is plasic and one-gallon sized. I hung it about 4-5" off the ground, and no more messy water! We did the same thing for the plastic feeder in the coop, too, which has resulted in much less feed being waster, and no pooping in either the water or the feed!

Back
Top Bottom