MearBear

Songster
Apr 2, 2018
Canada New Brunswick
I was wondering what you guys would do in this situation. I have 7 eggs in the incubator. I don't have an automatic turner so i hand turn them, I also have school 8:30am-3:00pm. So what should m'y turning schedule be (i can call home to ask them to turn the eggs). I have australorp eggs and i was also wondering when i should candle them, today is the second Day of incubation

:frowHello and welcome to the flock. For the best response please post as the others advise. But my advice would be to turn a minimum of three times a day. Turning an odd number of times means your eggs do not spend a long time in one position (eg always on the same side overnight). If you can manage 5 times a day then all the better. Good luck with your hatch.

I should also have mentioned its best to candle at day 7 especially if it’s your first time hatching. Sometimes at day 4 or 5 it can be tricky which is why I’d suggest leaving until day 7 when the development can usually be seen clearly.

Thanks for answering my candling question❗ I will try to turn them 5 times a day. Thanks again

welcome-tweety-300-farmer-c.gif

The Thread has been moved to incubation & Hatching. You should get more help here.

Please go back to the new member introductions. I would love to learn more about you

I've made up a schedule for turning the eggs,please tell me if it looks safe! So I'll turn the eggs at 6am, 10:30am, 3pm, 6:30pm, 10pm and then all over again So does it sound ok? If there's anything that could make it better than just tell me, thanks!

I've made up a schedule for turning the eggs,please tell me if it looks safe! So I'll turn the eggs at 6am, 10:30am, 3pm, 6:30pm, 10pm and then all over again So does it sound ok? If there's anything that could make it better than just tell me, thanks!
I think the schedule looks great! Good luck with the hatch, and as to the candling, wait till day 7 then you will have a much better idea of who is doing what and you wont be quite so anxious because an egg isn't showing much.

Back
Top Bottom