Turning the tables on Predators? ** don't read if you're squeamish

hehe he!

Well, I am 'big'. And my name is 'tony'. But I am not the 'big Tony' that they are referring to. I didn't even think of that. Pretty funny!

Tony

had to ask!
gig.gif

As I was feeding LGD puppy some dry kibble and canned dog food (beef chunks) this morning, a group of ducklings ran over from their food bowl and started chowing down on the canned dog food. The poor puppy just watched as they ate her breakfast.

So, I'm sure you have a winner. Just hope it doesn't affect the flavor in a negative way.

I agree with Twentynine..... SHOOT 'EM and BURN 'EM..... Shooting is alot quicker, but it may cost a bit more .22 long rifle is the cheapest. or .22 mag but thats bout 12 bucks for a box of fifty
sad.png
Just stay away for a while to avoid the stink!!!! Hope it goes well:D

Last edited:
I would suggest burying them really deep. If any of those coons have rabies you just have to get a tiny amount of their saliva on a small cut you have and you could contract rabies. "Processing" those animals seems like it would take up a lot of time not to mention exposure to ticks and lice and other nasties crawling in their fur.

Have a friend with a back hoe dig a narrow 8 foot hole. Cover it with plywood and a few big rocks. When you need to dispose of a critter throw a few shovel fulls of dirt on top, a shovel full of lime and recover the pit and wait for the next varmit to come along.

Of course keep away from your well and it isn't a good idea if you have children so they don't fall in.

I like this thread! Thanks Tony!

Feeding the meat to the birds is a great idea.

I have some free rangers that will strip anything the dog drags up and drops in the yard, so your birds will greatly enjoy the treat! I don't know how often you catch the varmits, but a once or twice a week feeding should be fine. Since you are cooking it, parasites and diseases shouldn't be an issue.

It may take them a moment or two to realize it's food you are giving them, depending on how you've been feeding (table scraps + reg. feed vs just feed), but once you get just one of them to eat the rest will follow!

I say drown them like you do. Why waste the money on shot, busted cages, or anything else? The OP knows what he's doing. I say you should cook them! I have a book that I absolutely love and in one part of it it tells you what to do with wild game such as raccoons, squirrels, wild hare, ect. I'm not going to type it all out, but I'll scan it and email it to anyone who's interested. I will put out the cautions it provides though. (sorry it's long)
Quote:

As I was feeding LGD puppy some dry kibble and canned dog food (beef chunks) this morning, a group of ducklings ran over from their food bowl and started chowing down on the canned dog food. The poor puppy just watched as they ate her breakfast.

Ducks will also go after cat food. I feed my kitties Taste of the Wild high protein kibble. If you leave the patio door open, they will run in the house and raid the cat dish.

The good part is I can use the cat food for bribes. Those ducks will do anything to get to their "cookies"​

Back
Top Bottom