Twilight Zone....BYC Style!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by speckledhen, Dec 1, 2007.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

A man wakes up and doesn't know where he is. Seems to be a small room, all white walls, no windows, no doors. He yells, but no sound comes out. He feels along the smooth walls, trying to find an opening that may be disguised, but none appear to him. He listens, but hears nothing. He feels hot and can't seem to take a deep breath. He tries to call out again, to no avail. Air seems to be getting thinner and his lungs are tightening up. He begins to feel desperation. Finally, he makes a fist and hits the wall once , then again. It cracks a little. He hits it harder and cracks radiate out from the contact point of his fist. He pushes and pieces of the wall seem to move outward. He pushes harder and an piece falls off outside the room somewhere. He pushes a couple of small pieces off the wall. Where they fall, he doesn't know. At last there is a small opening and light comes through. He presses his face to the opening and tries to focus his eyes. At first, he can't understand what he's seeing, then colors and outlines begin to come into focus. He sees what appears to be a...chicken's head and eye, a huge beast of a chicken! Another smaller beak and eye come into focus, then he hears the first sounds from outside his white prison...he doesn't understand them...they're English, but the meaning is lost on him......he hears..................................................................................

"Mom! It's pipped!!" [​IMG]

Courtesy of my DH's very strange mind, LOL!

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Good one! [​IMG]

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

4. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Halfway through I was thinking about the movie "The Cube" and then I realized it was an egg, duh! [​IMG]

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Hahahaha, the first thing I thought was the movie The Cube too!

But then I read "It cracks a little. " and was like, it must be hatching! hahaha

6. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    Definitely a good Twilight Zone epidsode. [​IMG]

7. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    I must be crazy, an egg was my first thought.

8. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    [​IMG]:gig

9. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    [​IMG]

10. chickiepoo

chickiepoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2007
    coastal South Carolina
    RR, naw your not crazy, just more into the "zone" that we are or something.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by