Twin duck egg

I have a question… Do you candle every day? I’ve heard that you’re supposed to avoid candling as much as possible (except for a couple times periodically during incubation) to give the developing baby the best chance of survival. I’m not judging or anything… just curious :)

I have a question… Do you candle every day? I’ve heard that you’re supposed to avoid candling as much as possible (except for a couple times periodically during incubation) to give the developing baby the best chance of survival. I’m not judging or anything… just curious :)
I candle a lot. Multiple times a day lol. I just got my incubator a month ago and with my first hatch I candled about every time I turned them and I got a 100% hatch rate! I’m definitely not candling as much this time though but I never saw any negative effects of my constant candling 🤣.

Wow! Interesting…I wonder why I’ve always heard people say that candling too much is bad for the eggs. Maybe they’re just afraid of rough handling? I’m not sure, but clearly what I’ve been told can’t be entirely true! LOL

Aww, I’m sorry.

No, it definitely still has a chance. In fact, most often with viable twin eggs, one will die and only one will hatch. Hoping it survives!

Candling is harmless, you just have to be very careful and have clean hands whenever you handle the eggs.
When it's getting close to hatch time, it's best to stop, or candle the egg without moving it from the incubator, so that it isn't turned or anything.

Last night when I went to bed they were both alive. I just checked at noon and it looks like I lost one of the twins ☹️. I’m assuming this means the remaining duckling has no chance?
It has, perhaps a chance. But I would expect the other to pass as well :hugs
There's two yolks in there and that second yolk could cause an issue.
Time will tell, but I wouldn't expect it to hatch. :(

Back
Top Bottom